Friday, August 1, 2008

My Thoughful Place...

My Girls in My Thoughtful Place

I borrowed that name from Winnie the Pooh. I go to my Thoughtful Place once a week. For the record - because I know someone will ask - I DO think more than once a week, I promise! My Thoughtful Place is my backyard. Specifically mowing my back yard. It continually amazes me how much thinking can be done when all there is to be heard is the whirring of the lawn mower.

Before the Creation festival, I thought a lot about the old friends who would be there. I remembered times of old when I was a young girl helping my Dad flag fields. Took me a long time to learn to walk a straight line! I thought of the years it was postponed...especially in '95. How I cried that year pulling up the flag we had spent so much time putting in! I thought about how Melody thinks Chris' tractor is sexy - she said so on myspace (actually, I can't mow my lawn without that thought going thru my head. I am embarrassed to admit that I just found out that is actually a song!).

On a more serious note...I also do a lot of praying in my Thoughtful Place. Usually the people who come to mind in my memories get the prayers. Yep, that means the Strayers, the Mangines, the Benders, and Goodales, Fanning, my family, all of Creation in general.

Just an FYI. Wanna join me in my Thoughtful Place? Send a comment, and I will add you to my list!

1 comment:

Melody Strayer said...

I LOVE the new pics of your sweet babies! I like to think that Evie is learning to be obedient, but she would NEVER sit still while I took clothes off the line! You must be doing something right, mama!

That's funny about that song/phrase going through your mind when you mow your lawn... Am I a bad influence? :)