Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ode to Joshua...for His Birthday

  • He stayed up way late last night fixing a gasket on our car ~ a job that HAD to be done to pass Pennsylvania state inspections.
  • He puts up with my fits of insanity (PMS), and my fits of carnality.
  • He gets up early for his quiet time, and wrangles Ruth and Shalom at the same time so I can sleep in every day!
  • He puts up with my piles and my messes.
  • When we were dating, he helped me keep my promise not to kiss him, by telling me he wouldn't kiss me!
  • He went with me to see Joanna at Tyndall AFB several times.
  • He encouraged me every day of pregnancy, saying, "It is still worth it, isn't it?"
  • He loves to make me feisty, and will push my buttons to do so.
  • He loves his girls in a way that makes me want to cry.
  • He is willing to follow God, even if it will cost him friends. (See Psalm 15 ~ that is my Joshua!)
  • He is Patient
  • He is kind
  • He doesn't envy - that I know of
  • He doesn't brag
  • Nor is he arrogant
  • He is not rude
  • He isn't easily provoked
  • He doesn't think evil of others
  • He rejoices and seeks after Truth
  • Josh never fails to show me love, no matter how many times a day I prove myself unlovely.


Josh...without a girl to call his own

Our first truly big, highly chaperoned date...the Alaskan Outdoors!

Two become one...


And 14 months later becomeTHREE


And what a pair Josh and Ruth make!  This is their Winnie the Pooh "Think, Think, Think" impersonation.


And then we become four with the arrival of Shalom

The Larsons.
Joshua, Shalom, Ruth, Rebekah and Anna
(I can't believe you guys let me go ALL DAY with Anna's name spelled wrong!)
We love our Papa-Bear!

4 comments:

Melody Strayer said...

Awww, happy birthday, Josh!!! Sounds like quite a catch, Rebekah! ;-)

Danette Ann said...

So I'm thinking blogs need a "like button". :D

Joshs_Rebekah said...

I can't believe my two faithful commenters didn't notice I spelled Anna's name wrong! She went all day being "Ann"!

Joanna said...

Rebekah, what an awesome Ode to Josh! especially with the music in the background - it made me cry! Josh is lucky to have a wife like you.