Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Attitude on a Shoe?


What do you think? You can ALMOST see the little curl in the middle of her forehead, can't you?!

Well, we had our ob/gyn appointment on Monday. Due to a decrease in movement, Dr. Stelly suggested inducing on Tuesday morning. Josh and I decided that since the Baby was not stressed out (we took a non-stress test), that we would hold off on an induction. However, we do have to go see Dr. Stelly tomorrow.

Here is where you all come in. I would love to have been in the hospital having the baby Monday night which, coincidently, was when I was awake for three hours counting to see how long my cramps/contractions would last. Unfortunately (for me, anyway) they were only four minutes apart - a good thing - BUT only 30 seconds long - not long enough to go to the hospital.

So, here is the deal. I am asking you all to pray for the Larsons. We need wisdom. I don't think the baby is stressed out...you should have seen it in action when my tummy was contracting the other night! No stress there, although I don't think the Baby enjoyed it too much. However, this Mama really would like to have her Baby in her arms! On Monday, we were 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced (after another three hour bout of cramping last Saturday). Please pray that Josh and I will know what to do if Dr. Stelly brings up induction again.

The nice thing is, Dr. Stelly is pretty certain that he should only have to break my water to get things going. Josh and I would REALLY like to stay away from Pitocin if at all possible.

Thanks for your prayers.

1 comment:

Danette Ann said...

Rebekah! You will be in my prayers! That is the cutest picture of baby Ruth ever! Love you guys so much!