Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturdays at Our House

Today is Saturday. Josh only has to work for half a day on the Spirit of Grace, and then we will be attempting to plant some herbs and flowers outside our RV. I say attempt, because this will be our third attempt at trying to grow plants. We started last year before Hurricane Rita, and nothing has happened...we grew weeds - IN POTTING SOIL!

This time, we actually have planters on our porch that was given to us, and we will be planting dill, oregano, garlic chives (I honestly thought those grew as weeds, who knew!), and peppermint in one planter. In the other, we bought a packet of a mixture of annual cut flowers. Impressive sounding, huh, well...let me tell you what is in them - Strawflower, Aster, Crego, Calendula, Plains Coreopsis, Bachelor Button-mixed, Clarkia, Cosmos-Sensation Mixed, Chinese forget-me-nots, Larkspur-Giant Imperial Mixed, Gysophila-Elegans White, Corn Poppy, Black-Eyed Susan, Marigold-Crackerjack Mixed, Zinnia-Cactus Mixed, Godetia. All of this sounds very impressive...but I have no idea what I just told you I was going to plant. Might be a good idea to look this stuff up now!

No comments: