Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Thoughts in the Wee Hours of the Day...

It's 1am.  Lots of things rolling thru my mind.

  • how very wonderful Evening Primrose Oil is - but that isn't a topic for a blog
  • Unity - how it is started, how it works, etc
  • Parenting - how I think I am doing, what I wish I was doing, how to fix what I am doing wrong, etc.
There is more...lots more rolling around up there, but these are the top 3.

Unity

One of the ways Webster's defines Unity is:  a condition of harmony;  continuity without deviation or change (as in purpose or action.  

That is a great definition.  It makes my heart smile to see those words, and know somewhere deep inside that this is something that CAN be done.  It MUST be do-able...otherwise Webster's wouldn't have a definition for it, right?   =P

I have been places where unity was strong.  The common thread totally held everyone together.  but what happens when it is that same common thread that SHOULD be holding us together...is the very thing that tears us apart?

I can think of many examples of a common thread...that isn't so very common.  Ready for list #2?

  • education - homeschool vs. in-classroom studies
  • childrens health
  • OUR health - herbs vs. conventional medicine
  • birth
  • Jesus
Did that last one shock you?  Jesus said that he would divide families.  That sounds like a deviation in actions.  Unfortunately, today, I don't think it is so much following Jesus that separates us, but HOW to follow Him.

So tell me...how does one go about bringing about unity in a place where there is no unity?  Where the common thread keeps everyone apart?

No comments: