Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lazy Bag of Bones

I have officially declared today, "Lazy Bag of Bones" Day in the Larson home. Mama felt a little too adventurous yesterday, and swept and mopped the kitchen. For a normal Mama, even a not preggo Mama this would be no big deal, but for some reason my lower back is not the easiest to "work with" - LITERALLY - when pregnant! So I overdid it yesterday.

The girls and I had a nice pleasant morning. LOTS of strings of fellowship tied this morning! We ate breakfast, had quiet time (Mama reads the Bible, and the girls look at books quietly, or play with a toy - quietly), and just played and rough housed...LOTS of tickling and laughing. A very good, RESTFUL morning with no requirements (except for when the girls decided to dump their toy box, then we all cleaned up).

I had quite the interesting conversation with Ruth this morning. We were talking about the Baby, and Ruth knows Mama will be nursing the Baby - she remembers me nursing Shalom. She and I had previously had a conversation about how she would be able to nurse a baby when she got big and got married (she said, "Big like Uncle chris and Aunt Allison?"). Today we kind of revisited that conversation, but she decided to enlighten me and tell me that God would tell her when she was ready to be married!!!

Enjoy pictures from our morning together!






As a closing note, please remember my friend's Dad in prayer. I received this in an email this morning. I can't remember if Mr. Morris is saved or not.

Saturday night my mom and i drove to my dad's house to check on him since he had been coming down with a cold two days prior and he wasn't answering his phone. we found him on the floor, semi-conscious. We called the ambulance and i was amazed at how quickly they arrived! he was taken to the ER and is now in the ICU. Tests have shown that he was immobilizes for at least 24 hrs before we found him. we still have no idea how he go so sick so very fast. he has severe pneumonia that has led to septic shock and multiple organ failure. despite all of this he has shown some signs of improvement over the last day and a half. they have reduced some of his original meds and his sugar levels have stabilized. our primary concern is for his kidneys. they had shut down but are functioning now. tomorrow they will test again to determine if dialysis is necessary. because he is on a respirator and sedated we have not had any communication with him. this is very hard as we have no idea how much he hears and understands his surroundings. please join us in praying for healing, peace and patience.

2 comments:

Supplying Needs said...

Hello my dear sweet sister

I would have to agree from a first appearance stand point Jake did take my idea for photos. I guess I will have to take that as a compliment. It is flattery when someone copies you.

I loved your blog and the photos. I am glad we can at least be in each others life from far away.

I am sorry my grandpa's "Clamps" are not going to work out for you. Clamps can be used to describe so many things. NO wonder we got confused.

Love love love you.
Whipping cream and all,
Dessy

Melody Strayer said...

I'm glad you and the girls got to have a restful morning. I hope that you are feeling better soon!