Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Daughter, the toy-ibal

You thought she was sweet,
You thought she was shy,
But she had you fooled!
My Shalom~Girl chews on her toys!

So, now that I have thoroughly scared you away from my little girl...

Shalom is now walking. She sometimes will "crawl" on her hands and feet if she wants to go really fast, but currently, her favorite mode of travel is walking. She loves to show off her moves! Shalom is still pretty wooden in her walking, but she is walking nonetheless!

Ruth is amazing. A woman asked me to day if she was 3 or 3 1/2! She couldn't believe all that Ruth can do (amazingly enough, she was just sitting at the lunch table using a fork!), she thought she was SO advanced for her age.

I made Chocolate Banana Bread today. Ruth asked if she could sit on the counter, so I let her - she wanted to be in on the action. The as I was mashing up a banana, Ruth said, "You wanna mash 'nanas?" Um...I already am! She repeated herself several times, then I had an idea, and I said, "Ruth, do you want to help me mash the bananas?" She nodded her head with much enthusiasm. I held her hand on the fork, and we mashed together. We both had fun being silly and mashing 'nanas!

So, apparently, people outside my house can hear anything going on inside! I happen to sing really silly songs to my girls after their naps - off-key, really loud (can you say major trauma!) to get them in a silly mood while we clean up and prepare for Papa to come home. Songs like "Magalina Hagalina-Oopa-Topa Whapa-topa-Oka-moka-poka was her name," and "Polly-wolly-doodle-all-the-day." Or I will read the "Ah-Choo" book. It is a book about a farmer and his wife who get the flu, and because they sneeze on everyone, their dog, cat, cow, pig, sheep, owl, rooster, chick, and mouse all get the flu too. Then the doctor comes, and everyone is in bed with the fever, and the very last page is of the docotr sneezing at the reader. Almost all of the words are "Ah! Ah! Ah CHOO!" When I read it to the girls, I sneeze REALLY LOUD, making a whole big deal out of it. Tuesday evening, I had read it before we went to pick up Papa, and one of the shop guys was outside my house. He asked me if everything was ok...

Then there was the time Ruth and I had a competition to see who could get to the bathroom first. We were both running down the hall screaming, "It's my turn! No, MY TURN!" Yep...the very same guy heard that little exchange too! Oops!

By the way, I got to the bathroom first.

3 comments:

Danette Ann said...

Ha! That is so funny! I can picture it now! You an Ruth running through the house! Funny!

Supplying Needs said...

Cuter stories. Tell me more.

I love you rebeki,
Whip cream and the floor,
Dessy

Melody Strayer said...

That's FUNNY! I am sure the neighbors love to hear you being silly with your girls!!