Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I Am the Lord: Reminding Myself of Where I Have Been...and Where I Am Going!

[Exo 6:1-9 KJV] 1 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land. 2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I [am] the LORD: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by [the name of] God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. 4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers. 5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant. 6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I [am] the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments: 7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. 8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I [am] the LORD.

Today’s (November 2, 2014) sermon revolved around these verses. As I sat and listened to Bret preach, I thought of these verses with my own story mixed in. This is what it looked like:

“Now I will show you what I have done for you. I am the LORD: I told you in your tender years that you would serve Me. Throughout your life I have protected you, and kept you for myself, but you did not know it was My plan that I had laid out for you.

"I have seen the tears you have cried, for yourself and for others. I have heard the prayers and groanings you have lifted for others."

“I am the LORD, and I kept you safe when you should have died. I am the LORD, who brought you to Bible school in a miraculous way. I am the LORD, I sent you to Friend Ships. I am the LORD, who saved just for you a Man after My own heart. I am the LORD, I picked out a wedding time and date just for you, and went before you in your wedded life. I am the LORD, I gave you 3 daughters to brighten your day. I am the LORD, I brought you to Pennsylvania. I used these friends to help you in your time of need. I am the LORD, I gave you a job and Help and my Comfort (aka Ezra Nehemiah) just in the nick of time! I am the LORD, who sent you to the Land of Misery, and protected your husband when he should have died. I am the LORD, I gave you a 4-month Sabbath Rest when you needed it most. I am the LORD, I sent you to a peaceful setting in Ohio and gave you a friend to love on (Sara). I am the LORD, I gave your kids  land to play on, and someone to love on (Adelee).

“One day I will come to take you home with Me. I have a home waiting for you. I am the LORD.”

No comments: