Saturday, September 26, 2009

Three Years Ago

I sailed with my two (then) loves to Israel with Friend Ships

This is Ruth (no really, it isn't Anna!) on 9/24/06.

Sheesh...I am having a hard time telling the difference, and I am looking at Anna right now!


Three years ago, September 2nd, God sent Josh and me to Israel with our Ruthie~Bear. We sailed with Danette, Debi, (Capt.) Jake, and Jonathan along with a whole cast of others. What a trip. Learned a lot. Thought a lot. Prayed a lot. Sang a lot. Came home preggo with Shalom Elkanah - interesting name...it means Peace God Has Obtained. There will not be peace in Israel unless God makes it so...interesting, huh?

The trip is over. The lessons were (hopefully) learned. Would I do it again? Trip to Israel - ANYTIME! Sailing for a month to get there - LO! Oh, that is Hebrew for no.


2 comments:

Danette Ann said...

Ha ha, yeah I don't know if I could do a whole month at sea again... I don't know if anyone ever regained complete sanity. HA HA

We were so blessed to be able to take that trip. Looking back, the good really did outweigh all the bad (beep) that came along with it.

(I beeped that out for you Bekah. :D)

Anyways, Love you!

Joel & Dess said...

Nice baby girl. Can't believe it was 3 years ago. Time sure does fly!!!

Love you lots,
Dess