Thursday, April 10, 2008

4-4-3-4 and Other Mysteries of Life

My Shalom Girl
My Ruthie-Bear


I couldn't think up a good enough caption for these pictures. Something along the lines of coming down from a sugar-high...

So, about this "4-4-3-4" thing. Ruth has been learning to count. She has counting practice with Papa every day after lunch - they count M&M's! Of course, there is some eating going on, but that is to be expected, right? So, Ruth is CONSTANTLY walking around the house saying "4-4-3-4," I am sure she will get over it and move on beyond 4! She knows what "one" and "two" mean, and in there are two M&M's...she gets it.Sunday morning, Ruth woke up saying...Cookie! I had made cookies Saturday night after she went to bed, and somehow she knew. She has been saying a new word every day this week. Tuesday it was "honey" - as in Pooh's honey pot. She is also starting to say words that she often hears me use. I better start watching what I say!

Shalom is also blossoming. She is S-L-O-W-L-Y starting to eat food. However, there is a little glitch...she will only eat off of a spoon if SHE puts it into her mouth! Here we go again! However, I did meet the challenge head-on, and let her know that I would be the one feeding her, at least for a little while. She likes to eat sweet potato, carrots, and applesauce. She is moving up in the crawling world too - she now crawls around on her knees and elbows!

Mama and Papa are doing well. Work is coming along smoothly for Papa. He hasn't quite moved outdoors in his work as of yet, but he is working on maintenance/work vehicles. Last week, we planted a "sporadic" garden in our back yard. I say sporadic, because is certain spots, we have dug holes, and put pumpkin and acorn squash seeds in the ground. Can't wait to see them come up!

Check out some the the links to the left of my posts. You will find blogs of friends, my sister, and at least ONE very encouraging blog! Check out the CF Husband blog if you feel like being amazed at God...'cause GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!

The Larson's

3 comments:

Melody Strayer said...

Your girlies are so stinkin' sweet. They both have the most beautiful eyes!

Danette Ann said...

She woke up saying cookie?... What about Nette?

How quickley she's forgotten my cool sunglasses and my sweet phone.... What a sad sad story..

Joshs_Rebekah said...

This was before she met you, honest!!!